Apple Poached Pork
- 3 kg pork belly trimmed and cleaned
- 2 litres apple juice
- 6 star anise
- 3 cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 pepper corns
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 bulb garlic
- 20 g thyme
- chicken stock
- Chop thyme and garlic, rub into the belly, and add salt, pepper and oil. Tightly roll using butcher’s
- Heat a pan, place pork into the pan.
- Once pork has browned, add butter.
- Take pork off pan and place into bain-marie.
- Chop mirepoix and place into the same container as the pork.
- Pour chicken stock and apple juice over the pork.
- Place pork into an oven at 180° C for 60 minutes and check.
- If necessary cook for an additional 30 minutes at 180° C.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- Boil cauliflower.
- Clarify the butter and garlic.
- Blend the cauliflower with the butter and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Saffron and Almond Masala Cream
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Half onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- Half teaspoon masala
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 litre cream
- 200 g almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Half tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Half teaspoon saffron finely chopped
- Half teaspoon coriander
- Chop onions, thyme and garlic, place into a pan with the oil.
- Leave until brown or half cooked, add masala. Leave for one minute, add chicken stock, leave to
- reduce and add cream.
- Place almonds in oven to brown.
- Add almonds and butter to mixture.
- Leave mixture to reduce further.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add saffron and coriander.
- Stir and blitz.
- Strain and leave to cool.
- When ready to serve, heat slightly.
- Half teaspoon jeera powder
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tins mango slices
- plain yoghurt
- mango juice
- fish masala
- mixed masala
- Mix all the spices together and heat in a pan on low heat.
- Open tins of mango slices and place in blender.
- Place spices, yoghurt and mango juice in the blender.
- Add spices and blend.