- 1 Kabeljou, gutted and filleted
- 20 ml good quality soya sauce (such as Kikkoman)
- 20 ml sesame oil
- 15 ml rice vinegar or rice wine
- 15 ml fish sauce (preferred brand Ca Linh, Vietnamese)
- 20 ml black and white sesame seeds
- 2 wood ear (or black fungus) mushrooms, reconstituted and sliced finely
- 1 spring onion, chopped in thin rings
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Ensure fish filet is cleaned properly of all scales, then pack into a steam basket on top of a bed of pak choi.
- Drizzle soya, sesame oil, rice vinegar or wine and fish sauce over, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Add spring onions and mushrooms.
- Steam over boiling water for 3 – 4 minutes until just tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with steamed rice and Asian veggies wok-fried with coconut.