To be paired with Creation Syrah
by chef Warwick Taylor
- 300 g springbok loin
- 2 large eggs
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 tbs finely chopped onions
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbs finely chopped gherkin
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chill the meat in the freezer before slicing and finely chopping.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and mix with a fork.
- Mix in the meat and season.
- 50 g shiitake, finely sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- Salt to season
- Pan fry the mushrooms with olive oil, butter and rosemary.
- Set aside to serve.
200 g pork skin
30 g salt
- Dry the skin and rub with half the salt.
- Store uncovered in the fridge for a day.
- Take out and dry the skin again with a cloth (a hair dryer also does a great job).
- Rub with the rest of the salt.
- Roast at 170° Celsius until crispy and crunchy without being too dry.
Red Pepper and Chorizo Coulis
- 3 red peppers, cored and seeded
- 2 pickling onions
- a quarter leek, white part only
- half stick of celery
- 100 g butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 400 ml tomato juice
- 100 g chorizo
- 50 g castor sugar
- Finely chop all the vegetables.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan; add the thyme, garlic and bay leaf.
- Add the vegetables and gently cook without colouring.
- Add tomato juice and chorizo and reduce.
- Add sugar, season with salt and pepper.
- Blend and strain, refrigerate until needed.
Garnish with mixed leaves and serve with crisp potato skins, French fries or toasted bread.