To be paired with Creation Syrah, Grenache
Kudu Bobotie with Peach Yoghurt, Dried Cling Peaches, Rice Crackers, Quince and Bay Leaf Jus, Bok Choy
- 4 kg kudu loin
- 3 large white onions
- 250 g dried peaches
- 1 l Greek yoghurt
- 200 g dried cling peaches
- 250 g white rice
- 500 g quince slices, preserved
- 10 bay leaves
- 250 g bok choy
- 40 ml cooking oil
- 24 eggs
- 50 g medium curry spice
- 5 g ground cumin
- 15 g garam masala
- 5 g red chilli powder
- 5 g red chilli flakes
- 5 g cinnamon
- 5 g cloves
- Dice the onions and sear off in a pan with oil until glossy.
- Slice the kudu and chop finely.
- Add the spice mixture to the onion and sear,
- Add the kudu and salt.
- Make sure the meat is medium rare when taken off the heat.
- Beat the eggs.
- Place parchment paper in a tray 50 cm by 30 cm, spray with Spray and Cook, place the bobotie mixture inside.
- Spread the egg mixture over evenly.
- Bake at 180° C for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place in fridge to cool down.
- Chop the cling peaches roughly and place in an airtight container.
- Blanch the dried peaches in boiling water until soft.
- Remove from the water and place in blender.
- Blend until smooth to create a purée.
- Add the Greek yoghurt and mix in well.
- Place in an airtight container.
- Boil water in a pot, add rice and cook until soft, then strain through a sieve.
- Place in blender and pulse.
- Spread on a tray in the dryer and let it dry overnight.
- Remove and deep-fry until crunchy.
- Season with salt.
- Place quince, water and bay leaves in a pot and reduce by half.
- For the bok choy: wash and place in container with damp cloth to keep fresh.