By Chef Warwick Taylor
To be paired with Creation Reserve Pinot Noir
Serves four, tapas style
- 1 pork fillet
- 5 leaves of sage, roughly chopped
- 3 leaves of spinach, cleaned and sliced
- Half leek, white only, sliced
- 2 king oyster mushrooms
- 4 tbsp butter
- Marinate the pork overnight with half the sage leaves.
- Roll the pork in cling film and poach in beef stock for 4 minutes.
- Refresh in iced water and chill in the fridge.
- Slice the pork into portions, and cook in a frying pan with half the butter and the rest of the sage.
- In a separate pan, fry the mushrooms, spinach and leeks with the rest of the butter and season.
Caramel and sage sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tbsp salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 and a half cups cream
- pinch of salt
- 8 leaves of sage, chopped
- Place the sugar in a thick based saucepan and cook over low heat until it starts to caramelise.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add the cream and the salt.
- Add the sage.