To be paired with Creation Pinot Noir
Rack of Lamb with Fried Quince and Roasted Root Vegetables with Quince Jam and Lamb Jus
- 350–400 g trimmed rack of lamb (ask your butcher to trim it for you)
- 50 g baby carrots (peeled)
- 50 g radish (washed)
- 50 g fennel pulp
- 50g quince (washed) + 1 quince (for frying)
- 200 g sugar
- 50 g rosemary
- 5 g salt
- Slice your quinces; dust with flour and rosemary and fry until golden, then place in the oven for 10 minutes at 180° C.
- Season and seal lamb in a hot pan with rosemary.
- Place in oven at 180° C for about 15 minutes, take out and rest for 10 minutes.
- Place all root vegetables in the pan that you sealed the lamb in and sauté till tender, then place in oven to roast for 10 minutes at 180° C.
- For the quince jam, peel the quince and place in a pot with water and a little bit of sugar. Cook slowly until soft and place in a blender, blend till smooth.
- Place lamb back in oven to reheat for 5 minutes, take out and place on side for serving.
- Deglaze the tray that had the lamb in with some Creation Pinot Noir and reduce.
- Present on plate as you like.