To be paired with Creation Pinot Noir
Tuna Loin with Beetroot Carpaccio, Goat’s-milk Cheese, Raspberry and Mustard Reduction and Zaatar Spice
- 100 g fresh tuna loin
- 1 large beetroot, whole
- 10 ml sugar
- 20 ml white vinegar
- 100 ml water
- 100 g raspberries
- 20 g goat’s-milk cheese
- 20 g zaatar spice
- 5 ml wholegrain mustard
Raspberry and mustard reduction
- Cook the raspberries for +- 30 minutes with 100 ml water until nice and soft.
- Blend really well and drain through a fine sieve.
- Leave to cool down and add the mustard.
- Use a mandoline to thinly slice the beetroot.
- Use any shape cookie cutter and cut out in desired shape.
- Place the beetroot in the water, vinegar and sugar; cook slowly for about 20 minutes and let it then cool down in the juice.
- Coat the tuna in the zaatar spice and sear at required temperature.
- Sprinkle some zaatar spice over goat’s-milk cheese as well.
- Finish off by using a spoon and spread the raspberry and mustard reduction around the plate and arrange your beetroot as you prefer.