To be paired with Creation Reserve Pinot Noir
Veal Loin, Shiitake Mushroom Purée with Tagliatelle tossed in Burnt Sage Butter, Pinot Noir Tomato Relish and Prosciutto
- 1 kg veal loin
- 350 g shiitake mushrooms
- 150 g button mushrooms
- 1 kg flour
- 12 egg yolks
- pinch of salt
- 250 ml milk
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 punnet sage
- 1 white onion
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 250 ml Pinot Noir
- 10 slices prosciutto
- 1 l cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5 g parsley
- Slice the veal in half, lengthwise.
- Portion into 250 g slices.
- Place in an airtight container.
For the mushroom purée
Chop 1/2 the white onion and sear it off in a pot.
- Then add 200 g shiitake and 150 g button mushrooms chopped and seared until change in colour.
- Add 1 l cream and cook until soft.
- Blend until smooth for 1 minute.
- Add seasoning before serving.
For the shiitake tagliatelle
- Finely chop the rest of the mushrooms.
- Sear it off and set aside to cool.
- Place the 1 kg flour, 12 egg yolks, pinch of salt and oil in a bowl.
- Add the milk and shiitake mushrooms and knead into a ball.
- Allow to rest overnight.
- Roll out using a pasta machine on the thinnest setting.
- Make use of the attachment to roll out tagliatelle.
- Blanch for 2 minutes in a bowl of water.
- Toss in a dash of oil to prevent sticking together.
- Sear the tagliatelle in burnt sage butter (deep-fry sage in butter) and add chopped parsley and seasoning.
For the Pinot Noir roasted tomatoes
- Place the other half of the chopped onion in a saucepan and sear until glossy.
- Add the cherry tomatoes. Add the Creation Pinot Noir and reduce by half.
- Blend a few seconds to make it chunky.
- Deep-fry the sage with 1 tbsp butter and add to cherry tomatoes.
- Slice the prosciutto on slicing machine at size one.
- Julienne the dice. Sear in a pan until crunchy.
- Drag the mushroom purée across the plate.
- Sear/flash-fry the veal loin and season to taste.
- Place vertically on plate on the left side with deep-fried sage in between.
- Place the tagliatelle in the centre of the plate.
- Then make a cornel of the tomatoes and place it next to the pasta.
- Sprinkle the prosciutto over the veal loin and the tagliatelle.