To be paired with Creation Pinot Noir
Hot Cross Buns
- 4 cups flour (560 g)
- 5 ml salt
- 3 ml mixed spice
- 3 ml cinnamon
- 60 ml sugar (50 g)
- 60 g butter
- 10 g yeast
- 250 ml milk (lukewarm)
- 125 ml Pinot Noir must (or wine)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 100 g sultanas
- 30 ml apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 185° C.
- Mix all the ingredients except the apricot jam to form soft dough.
- Place dough in a bowl, wrap with cling film and prove till double in size.
- Knock down and form bun rolls.
- Place in a tray sprayed with cooking spray.
- Prove again till double in size.
- Mix some flour with water to form a smooth paste.
- Before placing the proved buns in the oven, pipe a cross on each bun.
- Bake till golden, for about 15–20 minutes.
- Remove buns from the oven, place on a cooling rack and glaze with apricot jam.
- Sprinkle with Maldon salt.