By Chef Warrick Taylor
To be paired with 2014 Creation Sumac Grenache
- 4 x 180 g beef fillet
- 1.5 kg parsnip
- 250 ml milk
- 50 g butter
- 20 g sumac powder
- 4 x baby fennel
- 20 g sugar
- Sear the seasoned fillets in a pan, cook to medium rare, rest before slicing.
- In a pot, place the peeled and chopped parsnips and milk.
- Cook until tender, season, add butter and sumac powder.
- Blend until smooth and pass through a chinoix.
- Sear the fennel in a pan with the sugar and season.
- Cook until the fennel is tender.