By Chef Warrick Taylor
To be paired with 2014 Creation Sumac Grenache
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 5 tablespoons cream
- 1 1/2 cup 70% dark chocolate
- 60 g unsalted butter
- cocoa powder to dust
- 4 ripe plums
- 40 g demerara sugar
- 40 g dates chopped
- 20 g pomegranate seeds
- 100 ml cream
- 20 g sugar
- In a pan combine the pomegranate juice and cream, and heat.
- Add melted dark chocolate and stir.
- Add the cubes of butter and mix until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Let set overnight at room temperature.
- Use a spoon to scoop the mix onto a tray.
- Roll each one and coat in cocoa powder.
- On serving, garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C.
- Cut plums in half.
- Sprinkle with sugar and roast for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Whip cream and sugar together.
- Fold in dates and pomegranate.
- Spoon over the plums.