To be served with Creation Reserve Pinot Noir 2015
Quail stuffed with Shitake Mushroom Farce, Bordeaux-style Blend Pickling Onions and Reduction, Bacon Purée and Herb Soil
- 6 quails deboned (200 – 300 g each)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 white onion
- 250 g shitake mushrooms
- 100 g oyster mushrooms
- 150 g button mushrooms
- 1 l cream
- half punnet baby carrots
- 250 g streaky bacon
- 50 g pickling onions
- 500 ml Creation Bordeaux-style blend
- 25 g sugar
- 50 g flat-leaf parsley
- 3 bay leafs
- half clove of garlic
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g butter
- Slice the chicken breast into strips.
- Put aside with 500 ml of cream and cup of ice.
- Blitz it in a blender until smooth.
- Brunoise the onion and mushrooms.
- Sear it off with some thyme and add salt to taste.
- Mix the chicken farce with the mushrooms.
- Place in piping bags.
- Remove the quail legs and wings before stuffing.
- Stuff the quail with the filling of chicken and mushroom.
- Roll tightly with plastic.
- Blanch in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Place in an ice bath.
- Season the quail legs with salt.
- In a hot pan, sear off the legs.
- Place them in the oven for approximately 5 – 8 minutes with the stuffed quail at 180 °C.
- Roast the bacon in the oven at 195 °C for 15 minutes.
- Place in a pot and add 500 ml of cream.
- Bring to boil then blend until smooth.
- Peel baby carrots and blanch for 3 minutes in boiling water.
Bordeaux-style blend pickling onions and reduction
- Clean the pearl onions and place in a pot with 500 ml Creation Bordeaux-style blend.
- Let it reduce by half.
- Add 25 g sugar.
- Let the liquid reduce by a quarter again and place in a squeezy bottle.
- Chop the parsley, bay leaf, thyme and garlic fine.
- Add the breadcrumbs and butter.
- Rub it together and place in the oven at 180 °C for 20 minutes.
- Check and stir every 5 minutes to make sure it is roasted well – it should be golden in colour.
- Squeeze bacon purée vertically in the centre.
- Then place the sliced quail on top.
- Place the baby carrot on the first quail portion.
- Then two quail legs on the other.
- Drizzle the reduction 360 degrees on the plate.
- Spread the soil on top and on the side.
- Garnish with flat-leaf parsley.