To be paired with Creation Chardonnay, Creation Reserve Chardonnay or Art of Creation Chardonnay
Smoked Kingklip with Red Pepper & Tomato Purée, Rice Gnocchi, Baby Marrow, roasted Fennel Bulb, dried Cauliflower & Kale with dried Mussel Soil and Mussel Beurre Blanc
- 250 g kingklip
- 100 g red pepper
- 50 g ripe plum tomatoes
- 10 g red onion
- 1 head cauliflower
- ½ bunch kale
- 100 g fresh mussels
- 100 g frozen mussels
- 1/2 glass Creation Chardonnay
- 10 g white onion
- 100 g salted butter
- 100 ml cream
- 100 g cooked white rice (Tastic works best)
- 6 g smoked paprika
- 50 – 80 g flour
- 5 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 50 g baby marrow cut into little fish
- 250 g kingklip cut into three equal portions.
- Place fish on one side of a flat tray with wood chips or a thin log of rooikrans on the other side.
- Set the wood alight and cover with foil.
- Ssmoke for 6 – 10 minutes.
Red pepper purée
- Dice the red onion, pepper and tomatoes.
- Place in the oven at 180° C until soft and caramelized.
- Place in blender.
- Add 20 g butter.
- Blend till smooth.
Kale and cauliflower
- Set your oven at the lowest temperature leaving the door open.
- Slice the cauliflower as thin as possible.
- Place on greaseproof paper with the frozen mussels and kale that you just rip up.
- Place in the oven until all is completely dried out.
- Place in a blender and blend to dust.
- Steam with the chopped white onion in a pot, adding the white wine.
- Cook till all mussels are open.
- Keep the liquid.
Mussel beurre blanc
- Reduce the liquid kept from the mussels by 2/3 over low heat.
- Add the cream and reduce by 1/3.
- Add the rest of the butter stirring continuously until butter is dissolved.
- Blend the rice, smoked paprika, eggs, salt to taste and vinegar until smooth.
- Place in a large mixing bowl and start adding flour little by little until your mixture has a nice soft feel.
- Place in a piping bag and cook in salted boiling water until gnocchi starts floating.
- Place in a hot pan and cook till golden brown.
- Create your own little sea bottom.