To be paired with the Creation Syrah, Grenache
- 200 g springbok loin, finely chopped by knife
- 2 small gherkins finely chopped
- ½ small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped oregano
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped wild garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- freshly picked oregano, wild garlic and basil for garnishing
- In a clean bowl, place the chopped springbok, gherkins, onion and olive oil, mix well.
- Add the chopped herbs, mustard and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Check seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Plate and make an indent on the top with the back of a spoon.
- Gently place the egg yolk into the indent.
- Season the egg yolk with a bit of salt and black pepper.
- Garnish with freshly picked oregano, wild garlic and basil.