To be paired with Creation Syrah, Grenache
Deconstructed Beef Stroganoff
- 1 kg beef fillet
- 500 ml beef stock
- 100 ml Creation Syrah, Grenache
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 1/2 onion
- 250 g red pepper
- 250 g green pepper
- 1 white onion
- 200 g shiitake mushroom
- 500 g aubergine
- 200 g baby marrow
- black pepper
- 20 ml vegetable oil
- 125 g red and white quinoa blend
- 250 ml water
- 5 g salt
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 100 g flat leaf parsley
- 10 g agar
- 100 ml cream
- 50 g sugar
- 200 g potato
- 100 ml cream
- 50 g butter
- 10 g salt
- Eezi whip cream charger
- Cut the beef fillet into portions of 200 g.
- Place in an airtight container in the fridge.
- When ready to cook, season the beef fillet with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a hot pan, sear off the beef fillet.
- Place the beef fillet on a baking tray and in a preheated 180° C oven for 4 minutes.
- Take out and set side to rest.
- Return the beef fillet to the oven for 2 min for medium rare.
- Cut up the vegetables roughly.
- Add it to 500 ml of beef stock and 100 ml Syrah, Grenache.
- Reduce to a 1/4.
- Strain and set aside.
- Slice the red and green peppers in half.
- Clean out the seeds from the inside.
- Place in a baking tray and roast in the oven for 45 min at 180° C.
- Take out and let cool.
- Remove the skins.
- Brunoise the peppers and place in a strainer and press out most of the juice with a ladle.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Dice the white onion, shiitake mushroom, aubergine and baby marrow to 0.5 cm x 0.5 cm.
- Sweat the onions in a pot with 10 ml vegetable oil
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook till soft.
- Add to the peppers in the mixing bowl.
- Flash fry the aubergine and baby marrow in a hot pan with 10 ml vegetable oil for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add to the mixing bowl.
- Gently simmer the quinoa and water in a pot for 20–30 min till all the water is absorbed.
- Place it in a baking tray and in a 180° C oven to dry for 30 min.
- Stir it now and again to make sure it dries evenly.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot for deep-frying.
- Fry the dried quinoa till crispy.
- Scoop out with a slotted spoon onto paper towel and season with salt.
- Chop the parsley roughly and place in a jug blender.
- Place the sugar, cream and lemon juice in a pot and heat up, while stirring to dissolve the sugar, till just before boiling point.
- Add the agar and cook for a further 2 min.
- Add the cream mix to the jug blender and blend on high speed for 2 min.
- Transfer to another container and place in the fridge to cool.
- Cut potato in slices and place in a pot with the cream and butter.
- Cook till soft and blend in a jug blender till smooth.
- Strain through a sieve and set aside.
- Fill the cream gun one-third with the potato mix.
- Close the container and charge with 1 charger.
- Set aside.
- Take out the beef fillet and slice into three pieces, placing it in the centre of the main plate.
- Dish up two spoons of the ragout on both sides of the beef fillet.
- Place two teaspoon portions of parsley cream on the plate.
- Pour jus over the meat.
- Sprinkle the quinoa over the meat and potato espuma on the sides.