To be paired with Creation Viognier
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 red onions
- 350 ml verjuice
- 350 ml Viognier
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 g fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped thyme
- 4 tsp salt
- 1 punnet fresh apricots
- 400 ml Creation Viognier
- 400 ml water
- 4 leaves lemon verbena
- 8 leaves gelatine
- Place onions, garlic, oil, dill, curry powder, turmeric, ginger and bay leaves in a pot and sauté till starting to brown slightly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer for about 1/2 hour.
- Take off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Combine flour ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Take approximately three medium-sized hake fillets (skin on and bones removed) and cut into bite size pieces.
- Place it in the fish flour and coat.
- Heat up a pan with about 1 cm vegetable oil.
- Fry the flour covered hake till golden brown and cooked through.
- Layer the hake in a container, adding fish pickle in between the layers, finishing off with the rest of the pickle over the top.
- Refrigerate overnight to develop the flavours.
- Soak gelatine leaves in cold water.
- Cut up the punnet of fresh apricots and place in a pot.
- Add water and Creation Viognier.
- Cook till soft.
- Blend till smooth with lemon verbena and soaked gelatine leaves.
- Pour into desired moulds
- Allow to set in the fridge.
Serve with the following sambals
- Apricot jelly
- Tomato, red onion and coriander salsa
- Roasted coconut
- Cucumber with Greek yoghurt and ground cumin
- Garnish with fresh cilantro