2 x heads cauliflower (each weighing between 450 g and 500 g)
250 g celeriac (alternatively celery)
1 litre full cream milk
150 g butter, in small cubes at fridge temperature
150 ml full cream milk
100 g crema cremona gorgonzola
50 g raw walnuts (crushed)
50 g frozen blueberries
10 g thyme leaves
salt to taste
- Slice cauliflower and celeriac thinly and place in a thick-based pot.
- Cover with milk and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until soft, no longer, as the cauliflower will brown and the taste will dull.
- Blend until smooth and set aside until serving.
- Bring the cauliflower and celeriac soup to the boil, thinning it down with milk.
- Add the cold butter gradually while whisking.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Pour into hot soup bowls, top with the gorgonzola, crushed raw walnuts, blueberries, thyme leaves and serve.