6 duck legs
50 g Maldon sea salt
3 sprigs thyme
500 g duck fat
• Rub the duck legs with the thyme and sea salt and allow to stand for about 2-3 hours
or overnight if you have the time.
• Place the duck legs in an oven tray that will fit all the legs and the duck fat tightly.
• Place in an oven at 110°C for 3 hours.
• Cool down and place in the fridge, submerged in the fat.
• The following day, remove the duck legs from the fat and place in a hot oven at180°
C till crisp, about 20 min.
Sweet Potato Salad
6 medium sized sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
20 g mint
2 punnets mange tout, blanched
3 limes, juiced
20 g sugar/honey
30 g chopped ginger
100 ml oil
10 ml sesame oil
• Roast sweet potatoes in oven until cooked through and slightly crisp.
• Allow to cool.
• Mix the dressing.
• Mix the sweet potato, mint and mange tout with the dressing.
The duck leg and dressing can all be prepared the day before. Roast the sweet potato on the