To be paired with Creation Merlot
Pulled Brisket of Beef with Carrot Purée, Smoked Pickling Onion, Braised Leek, Beef Tongue ‘Bacon’, Rosemary Cream
- 2 kg brisket of beef
- 500 g beef tongue
- 4 large carrots
- 10 pickling onions
- 2 stalks of leek
- 100 g sugar snaps
- 250 g shiitake mushrooms
- 30 ml wholegrain mustard
- 50 g rosemary
- 1.5 l cream
- 10 ml oil
- 100 g wood chips
For the beef brisket and tongue
- Place both in a stainless steel tray
- Fill with water, rosemary and salt to taste
- Place in the oven at 135° C for 8 hours and 20 minutes.
- Cover with foil.
- Place the peeled and chopped carrots in a pan.
- Sear off until glossy with 2 pickling onion.
- Add 1 litre of cream and cook until soft.
- Place in a blender and blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Smoked pickling onions.
- Use the rest of the pickling onions, clean them and slice in halves.
- Place into a tray.
- Place your pan on heat with wood chips. Let it smoke and then set alight.
- Place in the tray and cover with tin foil for +/- 1 hour.
For the leeks
- Wash the leeks and remove all sand in cold water.
- Slice the leek stalks into 1.5 cm circles.
For the shiitake mushroom powder
- Chop up the mushrooms and put in the oven overnight at 60° C.
- Once dried, blend until fine.
For the sugar snaps
- Shell the raw pea berries and place in an airtight container.
For the rosemary cream
- Take the stock which comes from the tongue and brisket from the oven.
- Reduce it by half.
- Add the rest of the cream and rosemary.
- Reduce it by half again and place in an airtight container.
- Draw a stripe on the plate with the carrot purée.
- Place two pieces of leek at the top and tail of the purée stripe.
- Position two halves smoked onion and sugar snaps in the centre.
- Heat the brisket and add salt.
- Slice the tongue thinly and sear in a pan until crunchy.
- Spread over the plate and sprinkle with the mushroom powder.
- Add the whole grain mustard to the rosemary cream and drizzle over the brisket and on the plate.