To be paired with Creation Whale Pod Rosé
Slow Baked Meringues, Chilled Strawberry Soup, Chocolate Tuiles
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Whale Pod Spyhopping Rosé
- 1/4 cup sugar
- ½ lemon
- Salt to season
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbs unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbs all purpose flour
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 large egg white
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with a touch of salt and a squeeze of lemon.
- Chill in the freezer before serving.
- Preheat oven to 120° C.
- Spray moulds with Spray and Cook.
- Place the egg whites and the sugar in a bowl.
- Whisk slowly over gentle heat until the sugar is dissolved and the egg whites are warm.
- Place in Kitchen Aid and beat until soft peaks form.
- Place in piping bag and pipe into moulds.
- Bake in a tray of water (filled 3/4 height of the moulds).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove moulds and refrigerate for one hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Sift the flour and cocoa together.
- Beat half the cocoa mixture into the butter mixture.
- Add the egg white and then the remaining cocoa mixture.
- Cook for 8 minutes and allow to cool.
- Use a spatula to remove and store in a dry place.