While Away in Wonderland
Welcome to Voormanshuis, set among the vineyards of Creation Wine Estate in the Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge region. Heavenly it certainly is, as those lucky enough to spend time in this captivating self-catering cottage are bound to discover.
Imagine waking up at the foot of the towering Babylonstoren Mountain to the chirping of the sunbird, or watching the sun set over the vineyards, the smell of fynbos in the air. Incomparable vistas, reminding one of just how wonderful the world we live in can be.
An undulating driveway leads to a unique little haven taking pride of place within a gentle wilderness. Planned to be in harmony
with its natural surroundings, the asymmetrical design of the cottage is as intriguing to the eye as it is soothing to the soul. Featuring natural elements such as sustainably sourced eucalyptus timber, the exterior is a promise of what awaits inside.
The spirit of sustainability extends to the interior of the open-plan cottage where rustic charm meets quiet sophistication. The eco-conscious can delight in fresh fountain water sourced from the ravine running below while solar power provides for energy requirements. A well-equipped kitchenette is complemented by a braai area overlooking nature’s splendour. Come winter, you can curl up in front of a cosy hearth in the company of Pierneef, Marjorie Wallace, Jan Vermeiren and Christo Coetzee – with Strijdom van der Merwe providing the ‘Stairway to Heaven’.
Numerous walking and cycling trails await the energetic with two mountain bikes at the ready. And then of course Creation Wine Estate is famous for its culinary delights, including six exceptional wine and food pairings to accommodate all taste preferences. Add to this the estate’s popular cellar and vineyard tours and it is clear that this is a destination of many wonders.
Our seasonal rates are as follows:
- 16 January to 31 March 2021: R3250.00 per night
- 1 April to 31 August 2021: R3200.00 per night
- 1 September to 15 December 2021: R3300.00 per night
- 16 December 2021 to 15 January 2022: R3600.00 per night
Included in the rate:
- Accommodation in Die Voormanshuis in farm-style luxury for two guests
- Good quality bedlinen and towels
- Fully equipped kitchenette with a selection of teas and coffee, sugar and milk
- Fresh farm rusks
- Seasonal fruit bowl
- Purified still and sparkling water sourced from the Hemel-en-Aarde
- A selection of Creation wines chilled in the special wine fridge/kept at the ideal temperature
- Firewood for both the braai outside on the deck and the fireplace inside
- Binoculars available to watch and enjoy the rich birdlife
- Two mountain bikes available to explore the farm and vineyards
- Uncapped wifi
(These need to be ordered before arrival)
- Braai pack: R400.00 for 2 people
3 different types of meat, Choice between a potato dish or traditional ‘braai broodtjie’, Fresh seasonal salad and dressing
- Harvest platter: R450.00 for 2 people
Selection of bread, cheeses, charcuterie, condiments and fruit
- Breakfast at the Tasting Room: R240.00 for 2 people
Poached eggs with Hollandaise sauce, crispy bacon topped with Parmesan shavings, edible flowers, Shimeji mushrooms and roasted tomato served with tea or coffee
The Tasting Room is very popular, so pre-booking is advised.
Arrival time at Die Voormanshuis can be any time from 15H00 to 17h00 and Departure time is 10H00.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any additional information or would like to make a reservation.
+27 (072) 593 2917